In contrast to computed tomography used in medicine, industrial microcomputer tomography uses a statically positioned tube-detector system during the measurement. In order to obtain the radiographic images necessary for the reconstruction of a volume dataset, the examination object is rotated by means of a rotating table in specific angular steps. The use of microfocus X-ray sources achieves resolutions in the lower micrometer range.
- Imaging tomographic X-ray procedure
- Non-contact, non-destructive measurement
- Spatial resolution up to 2μm (voxel size)
- Compact and robust design
- Analysis of biological samples and technical objects
- Variable object sizes